Rhubarb, prolific, abundant,
You can use Rhubarb in all kinds of yummy desserts ~ we make a lovely muffin with struesal..
You can make a beautiful sauce. It is super easy and delicious over homemade ice cream! This is a delicious and easy way to preserve your rhubarb!
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a sauce pan, add rhubarb, sugar, and water. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer until rhubarb is soft and thicker ( 10ish minutes), stirring occasionally
- When it’s done ~ whatever you don’t use can be easily canned, fill clean and sterilized pint jars and cover. Water bath (boil) for 15 minutes! I love canning rhubarb because it is usually the first start to the canning season!
Lastly ~ this is not a healthy recipe but we love to use jam or jelly in our Kombucha and this is one of our favorites!
- Take 5 cups of cut rhubarb, cover with 3 cups of sugar ~ let sit overnight
- cook for 15 minutes
- add one package of strawberry instant jello
- fill sterilized pint jars
- waterbath 🙂
Each batch makes 2 pints, today ~ we did 6 batches! This is also delicious over ice cream 🙂
finished product 🙂 yummy, not so good for you but a nice treat!
Enjoy the versatile rhubarb in your garden!
I love it too! Last week made Rhubarb bread, this week, Rhubarb Dessert cake!